What is diVa®Laser Vaginal Therapy?
For women who want to feel like their younger, more sensual selves, diVa Laser Vaginal Therapy is a quick, safe, and effective laser resurfacing procedure that helps improve vaginal health.
Women’s bodies change with age, and certain life events including childbirth and menopause can also cause changes and decline in vaginal health over time.
- Childbirth stretches the vaginal canal and surrounding tissue. While the vagina can mostly be repaired by the body’s own healing response, many women experience vaginal tissue that may not fully return to the same state as before childbirth. The stretching damages the vaginal walls, perineum and surrounding tissue, which often leads to diminished vaginal health.
- Menopause and other events such as a hysterectomy or activities like breastfeeding may lead to reduced estrogen production by the ovaries which can cause thinning, drying and inflammation of the vaginal tissue.
- Breast cancer treatment such as chemotherapy can also affect vaginal health.
Many women choose diVa laser vaginal therapy for a variety of concerns including:
- Vaginal laxity (when the vaginal tissue is over-stretched)
- Vaginal atrophy (vaginal dryness, burning, itching and/or excess discharge or decreased vaginal lubrication during sexual activity)
- Painful sex or loss of sexual sensation due to thinning of the vaginal tissue
Who is a Candidate for diVa Laser Vaginal Therapy?
Many women wonder, is diVa right for me? The answer is, any woman who experiences challenges as a result of their changing body and decline in vaginal health is a good candidate for diVa Laser Vaginal Therapy. Women who have had children or are experiencing symptoms of menopause including vaginal dryness may be interested in the resurfacing treatment to improve the quality of their vaginal tissue, and their quality of life.
Cost of diVa Laser Vaginal Therapy
diVa Laser Vaginal Therapy requires three treatments about four to six weeks apart to achieve optimal results and patient satisfaction. Each treatment takes only about three to five minutes in your provider’s office. The diVa treatment is performed in Chesapeake Urology’s Owings Mills office location by one of our specially trained providers. The cost of diVa at Chesapeake Urology is $3,000 which includes the three treatments. It is recommended that you also have an annual maintenance treatment to ensure the ongoing health of your restored vaginal tissue. The therapy is not covered by insurance; however, Chesapeake Urology offers easy financing through CareCredit. Call 844-777-DIVA (3482) to get more information about our financing program.